- Gear List
This Argali sheep hunt takes place in the Southern Hangai mountains, Mid-Altai mountains and the mountainous steppes and semi-desert parts north of Gobi. Trophy Quality Hangay Argali – 47-56 inches with 16-19 inch base Hunt Includes Hunting license, tags & permits (CITES & Vet Cert) Area fees & taxes Firearms permit Meet & greet w/airport pickup and transfers Transportation to/from camp and Ulanbataar English speaking interpreter Local guide & camp staff per hunter lodging and meals during hunt trophy skinning and prep rent of satellite phone Harvest/trophy fees for animals must paint in cash upon arrival in Mongolia or the final payments can be wired 60 days before the hunt. You will still want to bring cash for tipping. Note: Prices are subject to change if Government fees increase.
- Species: North American Sheep
- Average Classification: 47 - 56
- Shot Opportunity: 99
- Weapons: Rifle, Muzzleloader, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: AMRBARGTUR0001-01
- Tag Availability: Landowner Voucher
This area has much larger than average Hungay Argali, up to mid-50s. Ibex are 37 to 43 inch, depending if we hunt Gobi or Altai.
Long range mountain rifle: 7 mm or 30 caliber preferred with tactical style scope, capable of shooting 300 to 500 yards. Bipod and sling.
Altai or Gobi Ibex
July 01, 2020 - September 30, 2022
- Price: $110,000.00
Altai or Gobi Ibex is 12,500. Whitetail Gazelle: 4,500 We hunt hunt for the biggest Rams possible with no extra kill fees on big animals.
Mongolia Hungay mountains, International, Mongolia
25% deposit if hunt is more than 1 year away. 50% deposit if hunt is within a year. Hunt deposit can be transferred to another hunter upon approval from AMO. If this hunt is no longer available or if AMO has enough advanced notice, this deposit can be transferred to any other hunt that AMO offers.
This is a spot and stalk hunt. Good optics are a must. Hunt is moderately difficult with some hiking required at moderate elevations between 5 and 7k feet. Jeep driving, glassing then final stalk on foot.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Camp is either a Mongolian Felt Tent or permanent building. Client provides sleeping bag. Outfitter provides cot or bed.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Food is basic, hunting camp meals: Meat, potatoes, breads, vegetables, soups, etc. with snack foods, meats, cheese and sandwiches for lunch
- Physical Conditions: Moderate Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
The more prepared you are to hike the more enjoyable the hunt will be.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
4x4 Toyota or Russian Jeeps, food hunting. Sometimes horses
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Mountain hunting gear
What Outfitter Provides
- A profesional guide that is competent in the area as well as an english speaking companion
What to Bring
- CLOTHING 1 x wool/nylon blend socks for every 2 - 4 days (Bridgedale, Darn Tough, Kenetrek) 1 x synthetic/wool brief or boxer briefs for every 2-4 days 1 x wool long-sleeved underwear top (Sitka or Icebreaker) 1 x synthetic material long-sleeved underwear top (Sitka or Icebreaker) 1 or 2 x wool or synthetic long underwear bottoms (Sitka, Icebreaker) 2 x windproof soft shell or fleece pants (Mountain Hardware, Beyond Clothing, Kings) 2 x wool/synthetic long-sleeved shirts 2 x windproof fleece/leather gloves/mittens 1 x warm shell-type gloves/mittens 1 x light hat (i.e. baseball cap) 1 x warm hat with earflaps (i.e. stocking cap type) 1 x windproof facemask/baklava (Outdoor Research) 1 x water/windproof shell (pants and hooded jacket) 1 x windproof wool/fleece jacket 1 x insulated jacket (Brooks Range Synthetic Jacket by Barney’s, Feathered Friend’s Icefall/Front, Kifaru lost park parka) 1 x warm synthetic-down shell (parka and pants) OPTIONAL: 1 x all-in-one parka ( Cabelas’s) 1 x gaiters (Outdoor Research, Kenetrek, Sitka ) 2 or 3 x handkerchiefs (i.e. bandana, nose/sweat wipe) *Note: Layering is key for hiking, sitting, horseback riding, etc... Dress for cold/wind! FOOTWEAR 1 x 400 gram boots for hunts in Sept. – early Nov. or 1000 gram boots for hunts in late Nov. through mid-Dec. (Schnee’s or Kenetrek) 1 x blister kit (athletic tape - mandatory, moleskin, blister band aids, sport shield lubricant) SLEEPING 1 x 15-degree Fahrenheit (or colder) mummy style sleeping 1 x full-length pad (Sea to Summit, Exped Downmat) 1 x travel pillow (Nemo) HUNTING GEAR 1 x framed pack 1 x 2000 – 3500 cubic inches, high-quality day pack (possible use for carry-on) 1 x 8 or 10 power by 42 millimeter minimum binoculars (Swarovski, Leica, Leupold) or Rangefinding Binos 1 x lens cleaner drops/cloth and pen 1 x sharpened hunting knife 1 x multi-purpose tool and tool for firearm maintenance (Leatherman Skeletool) Rifle Hunters 1 x accurate 6mm caliber minimum gun and scope 1 x scope cover/coat/neoprene (Leupold, ScopeCoat) 1 x rifle sling 2 x boxes of shells 1 x 8 – 10 round shell holder (Uncle Mike’s) 1 x cleaning rod/Otis cable with brush and patch, cleaning jag 36 cotton patches 1 x bore solvent (Montana Extreme, Butch’s Bore Shine, Shooter’s Choice or SEAL1 impregnated patches) 1 x weatherproof electrical tape for barrel (Scotch/3M Super 33) 1 x Teflon, non-freezing gun oil (Sport’s Care Ultralube) Soft gun-case Rangefinder Shooting Sticks (Hammers or Stoney point) Allen wrench, and lube 1 x cleaning rod, jag, bullet puller 1 x toothbrush, cleaning solvent, and cleaning patches 1 x electrical tape/gun sleeve to protect action and barrel (Kifaru) MISCELLANEOUS 1 x 10 + mega-pixel camera with extra battery and extra memory card Cell phone with tunes and books and external speaker 1 x headlamps with extra batteries (Petzl, Princeton Tech, Mammut, LED) 1 x 1-liter size plastic water bottle (Nalgene) Flavoring agents O Pen for H2o sterilization 1 x sunglasses w/head strap OPTIONAL: 1 x satellite phone and or Delorme inreach OPTIONAL: 1 x video camera with extra batteries and extra memory card 1 x kneecaps for archery/stalks (Arcteryz) 1 x carbon fiber or alum trekking poles ( Black Diamond Field Optics) Air activated heat-packs for hand and feet (Grabber, My Coal) Personal Labels 1 x duffel bag for gear (no hard bags/suitcases) Rubberized is ideal OPTIONAL: Paperback books, notepad, pencil Emergency contact list, health/travel insurance (Global Rescue, Sportsman’s Travel Insurance) OPTIONAL: Emergency cash/cash for gratuity Battery Backup and charge cords PERSONAL 1 x toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss 1 x packet of baby wipes, Q-tips, and disposable shaving razor 1 x roll of toilet paper and Kleenex pocket pack each 1 x small towel and wash cloth OPTIONAL: Scent shield bath towels 1 x non-scent deodorant 1 x SPF 25+ sunblock (small bottle) 2 x SPF 10+ lip balms IF REQUIRED: Prescription medication IF REQUIRED: Glasses or contacts Aspirin and powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-histamine, Imodium AD tablets, Pepto-Bismol, anti-acid, decongestant, cough drops, etc... Specialty medication (i.e. high-altitude, etc...
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring